Fighting compartment protection – Liner systems
AMAP-L absorbs various energies, thus providing added protection to the fighting compartment.
A specially developed high-tech liner is fitted to the interior of the vehicle, where it forms the final structural element of various protective modules. Serving as a last defensive layer, the AMAP-L redirects energies that have penetrated the vehicle's outer protective modules. These energies can include primary and secondary fragments, the shock wave, a fireball and/or acoustic pressure.
The material composition and thickness of the liner depends on the required level of protection and the structure of the vehicle. AMAP-L can be easily and inexpensively retrofitted, making it a highly efficient system for extending the service life and survivability of legacy vehicles.
Main features of Rheinmetall Chempro liner technology
- Improved protection of existing basic structure
- Protection against fireballs
- Protection from blast waves
- Protection from secondary fragments
- Reduction from acoustic pressure
- If a hit penetrates the interior, 70% reduction in the fragmentation cone